Assume that you have been employed as a Business Analyst by a large UK-based organisation of your choice to investigate different types and sizes of business they will have to compete with. This will be presented as a report (3000-4000 words) to the Chief Executive Officer and should include the following:
An introduction to the three organisations and their differences:
- Begin your project by introducing and briefly comparing the company that employed you and two of its competitors. These three organisations are better to be from the same industry (doing the same business).
- You need to compare size (micro, small, medium, or large), legal types (sole trader, limited liability, partnership, or cooperation) and the scope (which business activities are done in which countries) of these three organisations. It would be helpful if you use a table to compare these three organisations. Your table can have three main columns, one column for each organisation to make the comparison easier.
P1: Explain different types and purposes of organisations; public, private and voluntary sectors and legal structures.
P2: Explain the size and scope of a range of different types of organisations.
P3: Explain the relationship between different organisational functions and how they link to organisational objectives and structure.
P4: Using PESTLE identify the positive and negative impact the macro environment has upon the business operations of your chosen organisation. You should support your answer by specific examples from your chosen organisation
P5: Using SWOT conduct an internal and external analysis of your chosen organisation in order to identify its strengths and weaknesses.
P6: Using examples from your firm, explain how strengths and weaknesses interrelate with external macro factors
You may also like to read:
- SBK Elite Approach
- Role of Takeover Planner
- Effective Business Communication
- Organizational Structure of an Enterprise
- Model of Inter-Cultural Negotiation