Assume that you are an Operations Manager of an organisation of your choice and you have been asked by the CEO to investigate the impact of leaders and managers on the operations of this ever-growing organisation. You will need to produce a report (3000-4000 words) for the senior leadership team that includes the following:
An introduction to the organisation and management structure:
- Begin your project by introducing your chosen organisation. You may mention ‘what this organisation does’, ‘when the organisation established’, and ‘where this organisation is located’.
- Briefly write about your chosen organisation’s management structure. You can simply talk about how many layers of management exist in this organisation.
P1: Using examples from your organisation, define and compare the different roles and characteristics of a leader and a manager
P2: Using examples from your organisation, examine examples of how the role of a leader and the function of a manager apply in
different situational contexts.
P3: Using examples from your organisation, apply different theories and models of approach, including situational leadership, systems leadership and contingency.
P4: Using examples from your organisation, explain the key approaches to operations management and the role that leaders and managers play.
P5: Using examples from your organisation, explain the importance and value of operations management in achieving business objectives.
P6: Using examples from your firm, assess the factors within the business environment that impact upon operational management and decision-making by leaders & managers
You may also like to read:
- Strategic Thinking and Value Management
- Significance of Quality Management
- Operation Management
- Business Performance Measurement