Distinction between the role of a leader and the function of a manger.
Devise the role of a leader ad the function of a manager in a given contexts.
You are the Human Resources Manager for an organization of your choice.You and have been asked by the CEO to examine the impact of leadersandmanagersontheoperationsofthisever-growingcompany.
You have to produce the reportfortheseniorleadershipteamthatincludesthefollowing:
- Explanation of the roles of both managers and leaders,depicts the differences betweenmanagementandleadership
- Analysis of the various roles of management and leadership in applicationtodifferentorganizationalsituations,supportedbytheoriesandconcepts
- Critically evaluate the different theories and approaches to leadership (eg situationalleadership, systems leadership etc.) thatmay apply to this organization and how these have supported growth and sustainable
- Recommendation of development in future.
Describe an appreciation of the role leaders and managers play in the operations function ofanorganisation
Explain the relationshipbetween leadershipandmanagementinacontemporary businessenvironment.
On the reporting as a role of management and leadership as the HR manager within your chosenorganisation, the CEO and founder have now asked you to provide feedback on best approaches andpractices with regards to operations management.
You need to address how the leadership and management team can improve overall operations within thecompany. You need to examine external business factors that impact uponoperationalmanagementandthedecisionsthemanagementteammakes.
This report must include the following details:
- Anintroduction on the key functioning of an organization.
- Thekey operationalfunctions,identifyingtheroles andresponsibilities ofmanagers inrelationto
- An evaluation of the impact of external business environment factors that affect decision-makingbyleadersand
- Analyze how operational efficiencies can be improved to successfully meetbusinessobjectivesusingappropriatemanagementandleadership
LO1. Distinction between the role of a leader and the function of a manger.
LO1 & 2
D1 Critically evaluate different theories and approaches to leadership in given contexts.
P1 Compare and contrast the different roles and characteristics of a leader and a manager.
M1 Evaluate and differentiate between the role of a leader and function of a manager by effectively applying a range of theories and concepts.
LO2. Devise the role of a leader ad the function of a manager in a given contexts.
P2 Explain with the help of examples of how the role of a leader and the function of a manager apply in different situational contexts.
P3.Develop different theories and models of approach, including situational leadership, systems leadership and contingency
M2identify the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches to situations within the work environment.
LO3. Describe an appreciation of the role leaders and managers play in the operations function ofanorganisation
P4 Evaluate the key approaches to operations management and the role that leaders and managers play. P5 P5.Identify the importance and value of operations management in achieving business objectives.
M3 Explore how leaders and managers can improve efficiencies of operational management to successfully meet business objectives.
LO3 & 4
D2 Critically analyse the application of operations management and factors that impact on the wider business environment.
LO4. Explain the relationshipbetween leadershipandmanagementinacontemporary businessenvironment.
P6 Explain the factors within the business environment that impact upon operational management and decision-making by leaders and managers
M4. Evaluate how these different factors affect the business environment and wider community