Table Of Contents
- Introduction to Argumentative Essay Writing
- What Defines an Argumentative Essay?
- What Differentiates Argumentative Essays from Others?
- What are the Different Types of Argumentative Essays?
- Basic Structure of an Argumentative Essay
- Best Practices to Keep in Mind While Writing an Argumentative Essay
- Who Can Help me With Argumentative Essay Writing in Australia?
Argumentative essay writing is one of the most important parts of a student’s curriculum. Penning down opinions and backing them up with actual facts to put forward a clear and open perspective is not as easy as it seems in the courtrooms of a movie. It takes intense research, dedication and an extensive vocabulary to state some real facts about a topic without coming across as a rude personality. This is also one of the reasons why students require the assistance of an essay writing service to get their assignments completed.
A lot of students who are beginners in essay writing may often feel “How to write an argumentative essay?” or “ What process to follow?” as writing an argumentative essay is one of the common requirements of many courses. If you are a beginner and looking for a guide on writing this essay you have reached the correct place. In this blog, we will be discussing everything about this essay and that too from scratch..! So let’s begin.
Let’s start with the basics, an argumentative essay is a piece of writing in which a person chooses a relevant topic, carries out thorough research, and puts out his opinion with evidence and facts. These essays are persuasive in nature and tend to bring out arguments from others, hence the name.
Argumentative essay writing is a skill that is not just limited to your writing but also gives you a different perspective in life. When you start writing an essay, it needs a lot of research that enlightens you about the things you were unaware of. Many of the writers believe that writing an argumentative essay about any topic can really help in analyzing the pros and cons of that situation.
Writing this type of essay is actually not that difficult. It’s just that you have to put in a lot of effort in research and other activities to be able to write it. Your thought process also plays a vital role as at the end of the day it’s your opinion that matters. Now let's look at the basic steps of essay writing.
Also, Check out-Best Ways to Improve Your Essay Writing Skills
- Scholastic academic documents
- Pocket friendly prices
- Assured reliability, authenticity & excellence
Introduction to Argumentative Essay Writing
Writing an argumentative essay is really an engaging task that requires your 100% focus on the topic as the whole point of writing it is to convey what you make out of that situation. These essays are considered to be written arguments that put forward the perspective of a writer about a subject. These essays are also very important for many researchers as they also serve references for facts and opinions in studies. In this type of writing, the main goal of the writer is to educate other people about the “other side” of the story. To write one such piece, you need to understand the topic; you need to drown yourself in the deep sea of research in order to create something that is factually correct, informative, and defines your perspective. You firstly need to clear your mind on exactly where you stand on the subject/topic. In simple words, you can say that writing an argumentative essay is nothing less than preparing for a case.
What Defines an Argumentative Essay?
The literal definition is “a research paper that takes a position on a controversial issue and tries to present evidence in favor of that position.” This essay basically has 2 elements - internal logic and sharp structure. The term internal logic refers to the basis of the argument being used and what evidence is used in holding up the argument. An argumentative essay is a critical piece of writing that takes a particular subject matter and talks about in such a way that it enlightens people as well as brings out their perspectives. It is also known as a persuasive essay as the objective is to pursue people with valid arguments.
What Differentiates Argumentative Essays from Others?
There are 3 types of essays that are commonly used; let us quickly see how this essay are different than the rest of the following three.
- Narrative Essay- A narrative essay is a type of essay that helps a writer to use elements of stories to make it interesting. It narrates an incident, whereas argumentative essays are purely based on facts. A narrative essay might use incidents that are not true or hypothetical but you have to stay precise and on point while writing this essay.
- Descriptive Essay- Descriptive essays are basically a word-to-word description of a particular object, person, event, or incident. The objective of such an essay is to help the reader get every tiny detail about the topic and help them to paint a picture of the same. We need not give such detailing in an argumentative essay.
- Expository Essay- Expository essays are sometimes confused with argumentative because they both are objective and try to put forward an idea about the topic. However, expository essay is smaller in length and they do not have to make an argument. It aims at explaining a particular idea whereas argumentative essays are longer and are used to convey the writer's opinions and ideas.
What are the Different Types of Argumentative Essays?
These are further classified into 3 types. Let’s learn about what are they and what things to keep in mind while writing each of them.
1. Persuasive- These types of essays tend to pursue the reader about a particular argument stating how that argument is better than the other. While writing such essays, you should keep in mind that your mindset and point of view is clearly stated from the beginning of the essay. You must put forward other opinions and refute them in order to pursue your reader.
2. Analysis- The aim of analysis argumentative essays is to analyze the arguments of the other author. Evidence and clarity of expression are crucial points to keep in mind while writing such essays.
3. Personal- These types of essays do not rely on facts and evidence. They are more of a personal opinion based essays that compel readers to share their personal opinions. Although evidence and research should still be done to some extent to bring credibility to the argument.
Basic Structure of an Argumentative Essay
The structure is composed of 5 things -
- Thesis Statement- The thesis statement occurs in the first paragraph of the essay. This statement should be precise, on point, and most important of all debatable. This statement helps you to get arguments out of your readers so make sure that you write this in such a manner that it can be perceived in more than one manner. A non-arguable thesis statement just kills the purpose. Write your thesis statement wisely.
- Context- After the thesis statement comes to the context, here you provide your readers with an apt amount of information about the topic by giving them the context of your arguments.
- Arguments and Evidence- Once you have got the readers indulged by context, you start putting forward your arguments with pieces of evidence you have in the support of them. Arguments should be on point and direct as it is the most important part of your essay.
- Counter Arguments and Response- Curate possible counter-arguments against your argument and counter them one-by- Refuting these plausible arguments helps you to create a better understanding of your argument in the reader’s mind.
- Conclusion- After giving your readers everything you have on the topic, it’s time to conclude with simpler words. Conclude by readdressing your argument and the evidence that you have provided in the support.
Best Practices to Keep in Mind While Writing an Argumentative Essay
A few key points that you should always keep in mind while writing an essay are as follows-
- Research, Research, and Research- You should put most of your efforts into preparation rather than writing. Read as much as you can, learn as much as you can about the topic you are writing. The more you research it the better you can write on it.
- Believe in what you Write- Readers read what you write; if you believe in your own opinion it should reflect in your writing. Try to capture your reader’s attention with full conviction and dedication towards your argument.
- Stick to the Point- Deviating from the topic or your own argument is the worst thing you can do while writing an argumentative essay.
- Use Credible Evidence- The evidence you use makes the entire case for you, make sure you use credible evidence so that your argument can not be disputed. Look for credible sources only while searching for evidence.
- Counter Arguments Matter- Always make sure that the counter-arguments you use are reasonable. Note that refuting a valid counter-argument with invalid statements can not help you.
For more tips, you can refer to - PETAL Structure To Write An Essay
Who Can Help me With Argumentative Essay Writing in Australia?
If you still have the same ques "How To Write An Argumentative Essay?", you can take the help of an expert essay writing service by Instant Assignment Help Australia. With a team of highly qualified experts and minimal prices, instant assignment help Australia has been the best assignment and essay writing service provider in Australia for a while now.
With best in class services and easy to access portals, Instant Assignment Help Australia offers you a lot of services such as -
- Assignment Writing
- Essay writing
- Dissertation Writing
- 100 % plagiarism-free content
- Best Customer Support
And much more. So forget your worries and log on to our website to get your work done with the help of experts.
You may also like to read:
- How Are Electronic Gadgets Affecting Students Adversely?
- How Homework Help Online Services Can Help Me?
- Can I pay someone to do my assignment in Melbourne?
- What Are the Types of Discursive Essay?
- How to Write a Compare & Contrast Essay
- Why Is TEEL Paragraph Structure Used in Essay Writing?
- How To Write Different Types Of Essays
Topic CreationUSD 3.87
Unlimited RevisionsUSD 20.67
Get All These Features of